Sunday, March 25, 2012

Out of my comfort zone ...

Yesterday there was a surprise birthday party for Cheryl Valadez. So of course I had to make something with her being a fellow (and wildly talented ) paper artist!
Cheryl loves many things, one being Dia de Los Muertos, or Day of the Dead!
So out of my comfort zone!
Well my daughter came home munching on a chocolate bar and I glanced at the wrapper ...
I exclaimed where did you get that! She recovers from the shock of my outburst and replies a convenience store near school! Well I buy a few boxes (different sizes) and I send her off with one box in each size and my credit card and tell her to buy chocolates ... fill the boxes, make sure you get at least one of each flavor ...
So next I'm challenged with decorations, do a google search for images, not thrilled with the quality of the print. Sami says it could be my printer which I have no patience for. Borrow stamps, email Renee, she brings a basketful ... my mojo must be on vacation cus' nothing is happening. Then I realized there is one bar of chocolate that doesn't fit into the boxes ... the graphic that originally caught my eye!
So after much belaboring, I'm not used to having to work so hard to create, here is the finished project.

Way out of my comfort zone ...
well girlfriend, I hope you enjoy my meager attempt at embellishing, but more so I hope you enjoy the chocolates, which I happen to know you do love all things chocolate!
Hope your birthday is wonderful, enjoy your day!



2 comments:

  1. You did a great job on the boxes! Maybe you have a new calling...

    Sue R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, Sue, Sue! This was pure genius and elicited a gasp when I opened it! Beautiful work on fashioning and decorating the boxes. That label couldn't have been any more perfect to finish off the boxes and the matching card. AND...lord have mercy, this wonderful creation was filled to the brim with the chocolate! You obviously know me very well...LOL! Thank you so much for the fabulous gift :D

    ReplyDelete