Sunday, June 10, 2012

6/12/2012 class @CP2

Good morning ... life is good,
we have functioning swamp coolers and
 starting to count down when Evan comes home ... 2 weeks!

On to this weeks class ... today we are making faux washi tape. This translucent masking tape from Japan can be quite pricey, plus each color/pattern is cuter than the next, needless to say I couldn't make a decision and I couldn't have them all! Many American companies have begun producing similar products and we have used Tim's tissue tape which is just one of many.
So I began exploring the web and found two different tutorials. Well today we are going with the simpler one just to get a feel for it!

This is the card we will be making ...
Wait till you see how easy it is , haha!

So now I have all these scrap pieces on my desk that I was playing with,
so I made this card for my Father in Law, it's in the mail, but you get the idea.

And yes the center piece is crooked,
 didn't notice it until I went to adhere it, believe me he will never notice!
Just hope he finds it funny!

Today's class kit, just the usual stuff. We are working with distress inks and our foam blending tools so if you would like to bring yours and your favorite color inks you won't have to wait on mine!
Enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment