Friday, July 17, 2015

7/23/2015 Thursday's at Scraps Galore

Today's class the focus is on the background.
We are using distress inks, foam blending tools and stencils.
Scraps Galore just got in a bunch of the newer Tim Holtz stencils.
So not only did I need most of them I had to play with them.
4 or 5 card backs are in my trash can,
but I have 5 samples that I am happy with.
All of these are done with one color of distress ink and one stencil.

This is a symmetrical stencil and easy to continue the design across the card

There was no matching up this one but your eye sees it as the same pattern

This one was also asymmetrical, but it did match the flow of the flourishes. 

My final sample for today is using two colors (twisted citron & mermaid lagoon)
and the symmetrical stencil.
Which do you like the best?

Please bring your basic class kit
including
scissors
black edger
spray bottle w/ water
If you own
distress ink and foam blending tool
stencil
green marker(stem & leaf)

That should do it!

We will continue planning for August birthdays,
David, Jenna & Judy
check your calendars!

Have a great week and see you on Thursday,
Susan *Ü*


No comments:

Post a Comment