Thursday, May 14, 2020

Crafting through the Coronavirus Week 9 Challenge

On to week 9 ...
This week I thought we would use stencils and/or masks.
Oh you say you don't own a stencil, hard to believe 
but I have several solutions for you.
Those of you who do own stencils may want to 
try one of these alternatives anyway!

#1 punches or die cuts, instant stencil/mask
Oval die cut 
(but think any shape butterflies, flowers etc.)
put oval on paper and stamp background over it.
Remove oval and put outside paper over card and stamp inside the opening

This is done with the remainder of a circle die cut.

 Background die cut out of cardstock, place over card and color.
I only partially colored with different mediums. 

 Purple dots inked through a die cut background.
Nice subtle tone on tone.
More background dies

Plastic stencil

Stencil cut from Tim's mixed media dies.

plastic stencil


#2 recycled items
The stencil on this is that plastic canvas you buy to stitch on.
Remember when these were so popular!

Can you guess what I used on the background???
Mesh bag from mandarin oranges.
 I stretched it across a piece of cardboard, stapled along two sides 
so I could slip a piece of cardstock between the mesh & cardboard.
Then just ink!

#3 remove ink rather than adding ink
Ink a piece of cardstock with water reactive ink.
Place stencil on top and use baby wipe to lift the ink.


Here's the last one worth the price of admission! 
I stamped this horse on computer paper.
Cut it out with an exacto knife.
Now tou have a stencil & a mask!

Stamp horse onto cardstack.
Put temporary adhesive onto horse cut out, 
place it on top of stamped image on card. 
Now you can stamp a background and the horse is blocked.
 Lift the mask
Note I only did one like this because I didn't like it, too busy!
Place outline over horse, covering background and stamp adobe houses.
Remove all masks & stencils and color!
This one I used distress oxides and blending brushes.


Like I said this seems to busy, so I stamped two more.
These are wood mounted stamps and I had a hard time placing the adobes.
Anyway not finished but here's the other two.
I colored with my prismacolor pencils an gamsol.
Still have to work on background.



Anyway I hope I have given you some ideas to play around with.
Remember this all just fun and games, 
please feel free to share anything you've made this week!

Stay crafty,
stay safe &
be well! 
Susan *Ü*












No comments:

Post a Comment