Thursday, July 2, 2020

Crafting through the Coronavirus Week 16 Challenge

We're at week 16 of our challenges, Wendy sent me a list of topics last week,
if you have suggestions please let me know!
This weeks challenge is slimline cards, plug it into pinterest and you'll get a ton of examples.
This has been on my radar for some time now, many companies are making dies to fit this category.
We can do it without those dies!
Slimline cards fit into long business envelopes.
So I pulled out a box that I bought at dollar tree and the measurements are 4 1/8 x 9 1/2
So my card base is 8 x 9 3/8 (if you can't handle cutting at fractions just round down the number)
Fold in half at 4" and you wind up with a card that measures 4 x 9 3/8
I measured out two card fronts in decreasing increments of 1/4" each, if you want to layer.
#1 is 3 3/4 x 9 1/8
#2 is 3 1/2 x 8 7/8
At first the size was intimidating, by time I started working on my second card
I was embracing the extra acreage!
I have a few finishing touches and will scan and post in a little while!
Have fun, no stress, just share whatever you are working on and stay connected to your peeps!
Susan *Ü*

No comments:

Post a Comment