Thursday, March 12, 2020

3/19/2020 Thursday's @ NDB

This is the email I received from Rubber Stamp Events, just FYI.
Albuquerque Rubber Stamp Show - Postponed!
We have been notified by the New Mexico State Fairgrounds that due to the Coronavirus, all the shows scheduled for this weekend at their facility have been cancelled. Sadly that includes ours scheduled to be in the creative arts building.
Because of that, we have postponed the show until later this year. We will let everyone know the date as soon as we receive confirmation.
If you would like your money back for any ticket purchases, please send me your tickets and I’ll be glad to give you a refund. If you’d like to hold your ticket to use later, that would be fine.
If you purchased it at a store, you can still send it in to me and I’ll refund your purchase.
All cards sent in for the contests will be held over for the show later.
Again, let me be clear – this cancellation was not our idea and I’m very sorry for any inconvenience.
Any questions, please email me at barbara@rubberstampevents.com

As I said today I will email you if class is cancelled due to the facility being closed, 
otherwise I will continue teaching for those who would like to attend class.
I would hope that all of us will continue to use good judgement, if your sick stay home.
I'm sure if they close it will be published in all forms of media or you can call
the center directly (505) 764-6475
Here's hoping everyone stays well!

On to the fun stuff ...
Today's card is a technique called Photo Oxide.
We will be using photo paper and distress oxides.
I tried several color combinations.
blueprint sketch, pine needles, mermaid lagoon & peacock feathers

carved Pumpkin, ripe persimmons, picked raspberry & rusty hinge

 mustard seed, picked raspberry, candied apple & seedless preserves

Please bring your basic class kit
including
non stick craft mat
liquid glue
tweezers
spray bottle with water
Distress oxides 2-4 colors that work together (see above)
baby wipes
To color the hummers I used
distress ink and foam blenders
picked raspberry, mowed lawn & peacock feathers
scrap paper to mask the hummers

Last but not least we will celebrate Sue R. birthday next week 3/26

Whew, I think that's all!
Have a great week and I'll see you soon,
Susan *Ü*



No comments:

Post a Comment